PUBLIC HEARING: A Public Hearing will be held Friday, October 23rd at 10:00am by Zoom.
Topic: Public Hearing CDBG-CV1
Time: Oct 23, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Or Join by Phone: +1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: 882 7450 6078
NOTICE OF PUBLC HEARING
The Randolph County Housing Authority (RCHA) and the Randolph County Commission (RCC) have scheduled a public hearing and public comment period concerning a proposed application to the West Virginia Development Office (WVDO) for CDBG-CV1 funds. These funds were authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, which was signed on March 27, 2020. A Notice of Program Rules, Waivers, and Alternative Requirements under the CARES Act for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Coronavirus Response Grants, Fiscal Year 2019 and 2020 CDBG and Other Formula Programs was published on August 7, 2020. Additionally, the State of West Virginia amended its FY 2019 Annual Action Plan and it is available at https://wvcad.org/resources.
DESCRIPTION OF CDBG-CV1: The WVDO is accepting applications to help in the prevention of, preparation for, and response to the Coronavirus in non-Entitlement communities throughout the state. Funding is available for applicants in the categories of public facilities, public services and planning. The application being prepared by RCHA and RCC is in the Public Service category. In addition to meeting the Low- to Moderate-Income Benefit National Objective, each project must be an approved eligible CDBG-CV1 Activity, which includes:
- Provide testing, diagnosis, or other services at a fixed or mobile location.
- Increase the capacity and availability of targeted health services for infectious disease response within existing health facilities.
- Support operations of food banks/pantries including staffing, supplies, utilities, maintenance, sanitary maintenance, and insurance.
- Support feeding programs to vulnerable populations such as seniors, children, and youth affected by theCOVID-19 outbreak.
- Provide emergency payments (no more than six months) on behalf of individuals and families to prevent homelessness, including utility payments to prevent cutoff of service and rent/mortgage payments to prevent eviction.
REVIEW: A comment period will begin on Thursday, October 22, 2020 and will continue until the close of business on Tuesday, October 26th.
AGENCY CONTACT: Karen Jacobson, Executive Director, Randolph County Housing Authority, 2280 Randolph Avenue, Elkins, WV 26241; Phone: 304-636-6495 ext 16.
RCHA conducts business in accordance with the Fair Housing Act (The Civil Rights Act of 1968, as amended by the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988) with equal access to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, and disability.